Monday, September 22, 2008

Rock Star Mommy-To-Be


What's a Mydol to do when she's nine months preggers?

Rock, of course!

I joined the Mydols in January and found out I was with child just a few weeks later. I was terrified to tell the girls. Afterall, I was supposed to be a hot mama, not an ever-expanding mom-to-be.

I kept my morning sickness to myself when we flew to New York City to appear on The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch. But when I finally shared the news, the Mydols couldn't have been happier.

Judy immediately started brainstorming ways to exploit this ultimate symbol of motherhood.

How about an album cover with the umbilical cord plugging into my amp? A simulated birth onstage? At the least, a photo shoot to capture my bump in all its glory.

Being in the Mydols has certainly made this pregnancy fly by. I've performed in Chicago, Minneapolis and Sandusky, as well as countless local gigs-with-child.

Last night, with less than three weeks to go, we played at Four Green Fields. I am ridiculously huge, but once I managed to squeeze myself past the drum kit, I sat on a stool and rocked out quite comfortably. If J-Lo and Gwen can do it, why can't I?

I'm proud to represent the small but oh-so-sexy demographic of rock star mommies-to-be!

No comments: