Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pregnant Camping



I just got my photos downloaded from our camping trip last weekend. It was our third time visiting North Higgins Lake State Park this summer.

Talk about roughin' it ... tent camping is even tougher when you're pregnant! The first two times we went I slept on just a mat, but since I am now in my eighth month and growing huger and more achy by the day, we brought a big inflatable air mattress last weekend.

We also pitched our tent close to the bathrooms.

One of the great things about our camping trips is they've made the summer fly by. Plus, they've kept me active - between packing and unpacking gear, hiking and swimming in the crystal clear lake.

With our matching yuppie REI tents and our camp box stocked with gear, we're all set for next summer. I won't be pregnant anymore, but I imagine camping with an infant will be even more challenging!

No comments: