Thursday, December 4, 2008

Rosh Sillars Photography Exhibit


I am so excited to go out this Saturday night for the first time since giving birth six weeks ago. I am meeting some friends from the Daily Tribune for drinks at Dino's in Ferndale and then we're going to the opening reception of Rosh Sillars' photography exhibit at Octane Photographic Studios.

Rosh's art is truly incredible and he is hands-down Detroit's hardest working photographer. I worked with him at the Tribune, and when I left for the Observer & Eccentric his photographs helped me launch the award-winning fashion section PINK.

I can't wait to see his latest work.

Rosh was a good sport and shot this album cover for my former band The Basements.

Although the band broke up before we finished recording, the photo of my stiletto descending into the Tribune's basement ended up in one of Rosh's exhibits, as well as on my dining room wall.

Thanks Rosh!

No comments: