Monday, December 29, 2008

Family Hootenanny


One of my favorite gifts of the holidays is my Detroit Family Hootenanny CD from April Mydol.

The CD is a compilation of songs from bands who have played April's Family Hootenanny concerts, including the Mydols, of course.

My son and I love to rock out in the car and we're always looking for good children's CDs. This has become an instant hit.

Verick loves Stuck in the Playpen (Again) by Dan Miller of Blanche. My favorites so far are Get Up Already by Candy Band, Knock Knock Banana by The Go and Cereal by Happy Tom.

The CD also includes Run Crazy Baby by the Mydols, Freight Train by the Salt Miners (Johnny Mydol's old band) and Baby Duck by the Come Ons.

We'll be playing at the next Family Hootenanny concert on Sunday, Jan. 25. Stay tuned for more details. In the meantime, you can sample the CD by clicking here.

No comments: