Saturday, April 18, 2009

Soccer Mom 101


As of this morning, I've joined the ranks of soccer mom. My 3-year-old son had his first 'game' today at Millennium Park in Northville. I think I'm more into it than he is!

V. loved the stretching and exercises, but when it came time to play 3 on 3, he refused. Instead of chasing that silly ball he attempted to explain to Coach Hein, while the game was in full play, that he had a better idea.

His method was to stand on a fixed spot mid-field and use 'the force' to move the ball, simply by waving his hand. He even went so far as to teach the hand move to his teammate, so they could use the force together.

He has already earned the nickname Storm Trooper.

Meanwhile, I was getting schooled in the ways of the soccer moms. I quickly felt part of the team. Go Liverpool!

We need shin guards, our own ball, camp chairs, or at least a blanket that folds up and has a cool handle. Anyway, I'm excited to see my teammates again, whether Verick likes soccer or not!
For him, the day ended on a good note, with Rice Krispie treats and juice boxes.

As one mom told me, "It's all about the snacks!"
I can't wait until it's our turn to bring them!

1 comment:

Only the Half of It said...

Such a good mom! Now you'll have to enjoy some of your free time with the kids. It might not last as long as you think so relish it!