Friday, January 9, 2009

A Year in the Life of a Mydol

Instead of making resolutions I won't keep, I want to ring in the New Year by reflecting on auld lang syne. Taking a cue from April Mydol's blog, here are my personal highlights of 2008:


1) The birth of my daughter Violet - my little flower!


2) The Mydols trip to Minneapolis - meeting rocker Laurie Lindeen, and playing the Northstar Roller Derby Girls bout.

3) Traveling to Sandusky for a Mydols gig during Ohio Bike Week, and a weekend at Cedar Point.

4) Going Up North for girls ski weekend at Crystal Mountain, and family camping trips at Higgins Lake.

5) Traveling to New York City with the Mydols to appear on The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch.



6) Interviewing designers Mark Badgley and James Mischka for PINK before their fashion show at Saks Fifth Avenue.


7) Bringing shoe diva Meghan Cleary to town to speak for the Detroit chapter of Fashion Group International.

8) Taking Verick to swim lessons at LifeTime Fitness and sports lessons with Coach Dave at the Northville Rec Center.

9) Spending three months as a stay-at-home mom during my maternity leave - and finally potty training my son!

10) Ringing in the new year at Northville Nite with my awesome family.

No comments: