Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tribute to Doug Fieger

Doug Fieger performs at The Whitney in Detroit, 2005


Me with The Knack

This weekend brought sad news in the Detroit rock world with the passing of Doug Fieger, best known as lead singer of The Knack.



I was in elementary school when "My Sharona" came out and I thought it was the coolest song ever.


I was lucky enough to see The Knack perform that song and other hits during a private concert at The Whitney during Fieger Law's Christmas party in 2005. Doug was famed attorney Geoffrey Fieger's younger brother (pictured above).

The Knack rocked.

Here are some photos from the show, shot by Steve Kaufman, as well as Doug's yearbook photo from Country Day in Bloomfield Hills circa 1966.

I am proud that Doug was from The D, and that I got the chance to meet him.

No comments: